The Finest Knife – All about Blades & Cutlery
Hi, my name is Greg and welcome to Finest Knife. Nothing beats having the perfect meal after a rough day at work that you cooked with your very own hands using high quality cutlery. There are many factors that can make a meal simple to prepare and one of the major ones is a superior kitchen knife. A good kitchen knife can become the key to an unforgettable meal. The perfect kitchen knife should be super sharp because sharp gets the job done fast and efficiently so you can focus on more important things like actually enjoying whatever is that you decide to cook. A sharp knife equals a happy kitchen but it should also have the designs and features that suit your preferences. Some of the best kitchen knives in the world satisfy most desires in spades.
If you are looking for the best kitchen knives on the market, then you are definitely in the right place because we are experts in this field. As you begin perusing through our site on your quest to find the perfect kitchen knife, you will notice that we present the latest consumer opinion and kitchen knife reviews of the top products in 2016. You will not believe the variety out there. Kitchen knives are available in all shapes and sizes so we decided to put this site together to help you make the most informed decision possible so you don’t have any regrets later on. Don’t get too overwhelmed while you are reading through articles and guides. Just enjoy the journey and if you have any questions at all, please shoot me a message in the contact section.
Our Latest Informative Articles
Wusthof Knives – A Comprehensive Guide
Since the company was founded in Solingen, Germany 200 years ago, Wusthof has earned the distinction of producing superior quality kitchen knives. They have been a trailblazer in global knives sales this past century. It is a global brand recognized everywhere in the world. Visit any kitchen & home supply store in the US, Europe and even the Far East and, more often than [...]
The History of Cutlery
Table of Contents SpoonsForksKnives ___TVE_SHORTCODE_RAW__You know what´s interesting about utensils like spoons, knives and forks? Apart from clothes, they´re the only things we've been using since the day we were born. It shouldn't be a surprise though, for as long as a human has to eat, they will need something to scoop the food with. This is exactly the same reason why [...]
Our Latest Top 10 Guides
Best Kitchen knives 2016 Guide
Choosing the Best Kitchen Knives Choosing a proper kitchen knife may seem daunting at first but it really is quite simple if you take your time and do your homework properly. The first fact you need to understand is that kitchen knives come in a variety of different qualities depending on your need and your budget. If you have a low budget and just need a knife that does the j [...]
Our Latest Top Knife Reviews
Cuisinart Advantage 12-Piece Ceramic Knife Set Review
The Cuisinart Advantage 12 piece ceramic knife set comes with knives that are beautifully designed and include knife covers for each one. Before I even get started reviewing this knife set though, I would like to state the obvious so we can get it out of the way. This is not the greatest knife set on the market and it never will be. The knives included in the set will not be th [...]
Best Japanese Kitchen Knives Guide
When you are looking for good cutlery, specifically knives, you will no doubt have a lot of choices. Chefs and home cooks alike will agree that the power of a knife is found within their sharpness, handle, and ease of use. It’s for that reason why many people look for Japanese kitchen knives more than any others. The Japanese style of knife comes in 3 major forms, and the bla [...]
Maintaining the Sharpness of your Knives-- Top 10 Pointers
1) Make it a habit of washing your knives separately. The water must be hot and your knife should be hand dried after. Never leave them wet.
2) Make it a routine to hone your knives regularly. Check out my guide on this site. It’s easier than you think.
3) When in doubt, hone instead. Over sharpening your knives will damage them.
4) When it comes to sharpening, get them sharpened no more than once a year. If you use them frequently, sharpen them a bit more often.
5) Using a cutting board is a must in every kitchen. Make sure to use only wooden or plastic. Stay clear of chopping on steel, granite or anything else that maybe unforgiving.
6) Never use any type of dishwasher to clean your knives. Even the ones that are considered “dishwasher friendly” will eventually fade.
7) Don’t make the mistake of using your knives to cut through any type of bone or frozen foods. Stick with cleavers for this type of food.
8) Take your knives to a professional service if you intend to sharpen them with something crude like a can opener. This dated kind of practice will serve to only harm your knife.
9) Protect your knives properly. Store them in a knife block or edge protector if you wish to keep them safe.
10) Don’t make a habit of soaking your knives in your sink. Strangely enough, some people even leave them in puddles of tomato puree, which boggles my mind. No matter what the quality of your knife, it can still corrode.